Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Paneed parmesan chicken




I was thinking that I should have a link of recipes for one. My Husband works nights (all day to be exact) and I am left on my own most the time.

The majority of the time I eat popcorn for dinner. Last night after my Italian conversation group, I decided to put an end to popcorn and cook myself a meal.

This paneed chicken is super easy and paired with a simple arugula salad it is both beautiful and satisfying.

The term "Paneed" means pan fried.

First get the "mis en place" ready. A bowl of egg wash(one egg whipped) and a plate with a cup of bread crumbs and 1/2 cup grated Parmesan. I used Panko bread crumbs only because I had them on hand but seasoned Italian bread crumbs would be great.




Next you want to pound the chicken.

Cover the counter with plastic wrap. Place the skinless, boneless chicken breast on the plastic wrap and cover with another piece.



Now take a mallet or a heavy bottom pan and pound the breast until they are a uniform thickness. This will ensure even and quick cooking.





Now salt and pepper the the breast on each side. Dredge them in the egg wash and cover them with the bread crumb mixture.




In a large non stick pan, heat a pat of butter and about 1/4 cup olive oil. Place the chicken breast in the pan and saute until golden brown and cooked through. This should take about 7 to 8 minutes on each side, over medium high heat. Make sure to watch the heat. You don't want the crust to burn and the chicken to be under cooked.





Pair with a simple salad of Arugula, almonds, and Parmesan with a lemon vinaigrette.




Enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment